Teach Computing! Alan O’Donohoe
27 Sept 2012, 16 Jan 2013, 11 June 2013
Make you more famous than the angry birds!
A one day course preparing teachers and leaders with little or no background in computing science for the introduction and long term sustainability of computing in their schools.
- develop the confidence and expertise successfully to introduce and champion computing at KS3 and KS4
- select an appropriate language for teaching programming
- discover a range of strategies to engage all learners
- share strategies for teaching challenging computing concepts with Scratch and Python
- sample a range of new technologies:arduinos, PicoBoards FIGnition, Raspberry Pi etc
- take a bundle of free resources back to your classroom
Contact Paula for more information or to book your place. Download course flyer here
As Principal Teacher of IT and Computing at Our Lady’s High School Preston, Alan is a positive and enthusiastic evangelist for the teaching of computing. An experienced trainer and teacher, he is plugged in to news and development in Computer science through his networking with Industry and HE. Alan regularly entertains,engages and educates audiences at conferences and events around the country. Famous on twitter as @teknoteacher, Alan is the founder of Hack to the Future and has written for the Guardian. His events have the support of both Google and Microsoft and he has acted as consultant to the BBC.