Teach Python – Alan O’Donohoe
7 December 2012, 13 March 2013, 2 July 2013
“And now for something completely different…”
A “hands-on” coding day where you will go on a tour around the Python IDLE programing environment, solve programming challenges and think like a computer scientist! You will:
- discover why Python is an excellent choice for Key Stage 3 and GCSE Computing courses
- take away resources to use in your own classroom
- get helpful hints to get the most out of Python
- be given a whole range of ideas to explore uses of Python, including supporting GCSE coursework assignments
- be guided through a unit of work suitable for 11-16 Year olds involving games creation in Python
Contact Paula for more information or to book your place.
As Principal Teacher of IT and Computing at Our Lady’s High School Preston, Alan is a positive and enthusiastic evangelist for the teaching of computing. An experienced trainer and teacher, he is plugged in to news and development in Computer science through his networking with Industry and HE. Alan regularly entertains,engages and educates audiences at conferences and events around the country. Famous on twitter as @teknoteacher, Alan is the founder of Hack to the Future and has written for the Guardian. His events have the support of both Google and Microsoft and he has acted as consultant to the BBC.